- Describe the general structures and functions of the heart
- Trace the flow of blood through the heart, identifying the major blood vessels, chambers, and heart valves
- Explain the events of the cardiac cycle, relating the heart sounds to specific events in the cycle
- Define stroke volume and cardiac output, being able to describe the factors that influence these values
11.2 Heart Beats
- Describe the components and functions of the conducting system of the heart
- Relate the stages in an ecg to events in the cardiac cycle
11.3 Vascular Network
- Distinguish among the types of blood vessels in terms of structure and function
- Describe the factors that influence and regulate blood pressure
- Identify major arteries and veins and the areas they serve
- Students demonstrate creative thinking, construct knowledge, and develop innovative products and processes using technology. Students create original works as a means of personal or group expression.
- Students apply digital tools to gather, evaluate, and use information. Students locate, organize, analyze, evaluate, synthesize, and ethically use information from a variety of sources and media.
- Students demonstrate a sound understanding of technology concepts, systems, and operations. Students troubleshoot systems and applications and transfer current knowledge to learning of new technologies.