13.1 Functional Anatomy
- Describe the structures and functions of the respiratory system
- Distinguish between conducting and respiratory structures
- Describe the physical principles governing the movement of air into the lungs
- Describe the actions of respiratory muscles on respiratory movements
- Describe the principles governing diffusion of gases into and out of the blood
- Describe how oxygen and carbon dioxide are transported in the blood
- Describe the major factors that influence the rate of respiration
- Students demonstrate creative thinking, construct knowledge, and develop innovative products and processes using technology. Students create original works as a means of personal or group expression.
- Students apply digital tools to gather, evaluate, and use information. Students locate, organize, analyze, evaluate, synthesize, and ethically use information from a variety of sources and media.
- Students demonstrate a sound understanding of technology concepts, systems, and operations. Students troubleshoot systems and applications and transfer current knowledge to learning of new technologies.