(Some Screencastomatic videos require Java 1.5 or later. Check your Java)
- Perform stoichiometric calculations including conversions from mole to mole, mass to mass, & volume to volume for gases at STP
- Explain and calculate percent yield
8.1 These Guys Those Guys Revisited
- What is the guiding question?
- How'd you do the lab? Why that way?
- What's your claim, evidence, and reasoning?
8.2 Limiting Reactant
- Explain what a limiting reactant is and it's role in determining the amount of product produced
8.2a Reactants, Products, & Leftovers PhET
8.2b Limiting Reactants
- Students demonstrate creative thinking, construct knowledge, and develop innovative products and processes using technology. Students create original works as a means of personal or group expression. Students use of models and simulations to explore complex systems and issues.
- Students apply digital tools to gather, evaluate, and use information. Students locate, organize, analyze, evaluate, synthesize, and ethically use information from a variety of sources and media. Students process data and report results.
- Students demonstrate a sound understanding of technology concepts, systems, and operations. Students troubleshoot systems and applications and transfer current knowledge to learning of new technologies.
- Students use critical thinking skills to plan and conduct research, manage projects, solve problems, and make informed decisions using appropriate digital tools and resources. Students collect and analyze data to identify solutions and/or make informed decisions. Students use multiple processes and diverse perspectives to explore alternative solutions.
- Students understand human, cultural, and societal issues related to technology and practice legal and ethical behavior. Students exhibit a positive attitude toward using technology that supports collaboration, learning, and productivity. Students demonstrate personal responsibility for lifelong learning.